Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hey there! Hi there! Ho there! His bite contracts rabies!


Ahoy, Crypto Scouts,

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but the "pencil topper" I had won during my Raptor Captor training was MIA.

I expeditiously led an expedition into the various pockets of my fannypack, but I returned from said expedition... pencil-topless. After turning C.H.O.W. HQ upside down (and after a trip to the vet), it would be revealed to yours truly that... Crypto-Mutt had swallowed it. A few X-Rays, some liberal doses of laxative cocktails, and eventual scat-sifting would uncover the treasure for which I worked so diligently.

When I had quite finished dry-heaving, I identified the small plastic eraser-cozy with ease. It was/is none other than HICKEY THE VAMPIRE BAT ™, of course! His tiny made-in-China visage certainly sends me back to those Saturday mornings, basking in the glow of the family's monochromatic "interocitor", singing along, through my mouthful of nutritious Fudgenstein breakfast cereal.

"Who's the vermin o' the night that sucks on you and me?
H-I-C... K-E-Y... B... A... T!
Hey there! Hi there! Ho there! His bite contracts rabies!
H-I-C... K-E-Y... B... A... T!
Hickey Bat! (Trick or Treat!)
Hickey Bat! (Smell my feet!)
Forever let us be his food supply!
BLAH! BLAH! BLAH!
Open a vein, don't mind the stain, and join the "family".
H-I-C... K-E-Y... B... A... T!"

No comments:

Post a Comment