Friday, July 17, 2009

NOT for the Chicken-hearted...


Ahoy, Crypto Scouts!

After my harrowing experience tracking and ultimately encountering the "Fowlociraptor" in the Western Michigan woods, I decided to record the chickenthrope's likeness via artist interpretation. It's not every day we stare Death in the face-beak. I think it's fairly clear from this sketch just how DANGEROUS my situation was...

The avian's eyes are front-facing, obviously those of a predator. A deep intelligence is lurking behind those binocular orbs... an unwavering gaze that stared INTO MY VERY SOUL. The plumage is ruffled, but not from preening. Fowlociraptor's stance is aggressive here, curious, unafraid. I knew better than to look away or run. It would only be enticed to give chase, wattle swaying, and hungry for a cock-fight. After studying me for a moment (which seemed to last a lifetime), the "pollo maligno" turned and strutted away, out of sight. But NEVER out of the darkest reaches of my nightmares.

I "played chicken" with a rare beastie and lived to Monster Bait another day.

Cryptically yours,
*The Crypto-Scout

"So you know... try to show a little respect." - Dr. Alan Grant

Truer words were never spoken.

_____________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment