Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Chupacabra" is not the preferred nomenclature...

Ahoy, Crypto-Scouts!

Attended the Annual CHUPA-palooza at Camp Crypto Lake, my old stomping grounds.

I was there to present my latest theory that the Latin American Cryptid has been flagrantly misnamed. Upon literal translation, "Chupacabra" means "Goat SUCKER", but... I have firsthand experience that the taxonomists are a letter (HINT: It's the "S") off the mark. Chupa is quite amorous, especially during mating season (11.5 months out of the year!!!), and even the goats aren't safe from his tenacious advances. Many more of the livestock die from embarrassment and exhaustion than from blood-draining.

There must have been some scheduling SNAFU, as my lecture didn't garner much of a crowd.

I had slides and everything. :(

Cryptically yours,
*The Crypto-Scout



_____________________________________

1 comment: