Friday, June 5, 2009

I thought they smelled bad... on the outside.






Ahoy, Crypto-Scouts!


Huzzah! It has arrived! The aboriginal fellow from the interweb-bazaar auction assured me that this trunk is fashioned from authentic Bunyip hide. He wasn't able to supply a certificate of authenticity (since the Australian beastie's existence is unproven), but he did include an official postage stamp, whereupon the artist's rendition showcases the Bunyip's signature scales/tumors. The Australian postal service clearly recognizes the creature as part of their ecosystem and the merchant had an excellent feedback rating. Who am I to argue?

You may wonder why a crypto-conservationist like me would advocate the slaughter of innocent Bunyips for the creation of luggage. Well, I will tell you this: If you now believe in the existence of Bunyips and are also concerned for the species' well being... Mission Accomplished. If I can build awareness of the Bunyip's plight by transporting my sensitive equipment inside their attractive (and goshdarn protective) carapace, the sacrifice will be well worth it. Knowing, as they say, is half the battle.

I dedicate this Monster CHOW blog entry in memory of the unfortunate Bunyip who gave his life to the crypto-conservation cause.

Cryptically yours,
* The Crypto-Scout

R.I.P. Majestic MegaFauna!

No comments:

Post a Comment